Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will claiming impact my current mortgage?

A: Your mortgage provider must treat you fairly so can’t ask for you to repay your mortgage or to change your mortgage to less favourable terms.

Q: Can you still help if I can’t find my old paperwork?

A: Yes. To start the process, we need your contact details, the name of your mortgage provider, the date it was taken out, the type of mortgage and the reason you wish to make a claim.

Q: How far back can I claim?

A: You may be able to submit a claim going back as far as 25 years.

Start your claim

Your claim could be worth £££Thousands!

Don’t worry: claiming won’t affect your credit score.

Q: I had a joint mortgage but I no longer live with that person, can you still help?

A: We do need both parties’ consent to progress the case.

Q: What if the broker who advised me has stopped trading?

A: If the broker has either stopped trading, had their licence withdrawn or gone out of business, it may still be possible to make a claim against the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Q: What does ‘No Win, No Fee’ and no upfront costs mean?

A: If we are not successful in claiming back your mis-sold mortgage there is no fee, which means that you don’t pay us a single penny for the work we have done. If your case is successful, our fee is 30% (+ VAT) of the gross settlement amount. As an example, if your gross settlement amount is £1,000, our fee will be £300 (+ VAT). Please see our terms and conditions for further illustrations. There are no upfront costs to pay; however, if you cancel your claim outside the initial 14-day cooling off period, there will be a fee payable.

Q: Can I claim back myself?

A: Yes, by contacting your bank/lender directly or by submitting a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Details can be found on the Financial Ombudsman website.

Q: You say you are a trading style of Investor Compensation. Who are they?

A: We use different brands to promote our services. Investor Compensation is the company behind our brands. Investor Compensation was established in 2003 (and has been making consumer claims since 2007). We are a founding member of the Professional Financial Claims Association (PFCA) and will always handle your claim with the utmost professionalism.

Start your claim

Your claim could be worth £££Thousands!

Don’t worry: claiming won’t affect your credit score.